Version 2.0 16 January 2019
Section 1 – Introduction
- You will be able to access, view and edit the Eye Safe Service privacy permissions by going to Your device settings and selecting the permissions granted and by accessing the Privacy Settings Section of your Eye Safe Account.
Section 2 – Definitions
- “We”, “Us” ,“Our” and “Eye Safe”: Eye Safe Ltd, a company incorporated and registered in England and Wales with company number 10410930 and with its registered main office being at Finchley Mews, Finchley Road, Grays Essex, RM17.
- “You” and “Your”: Any individual or any business / organisation who creates an account and uses the Services via the Eye Safe Platform.
- Account Data: Data collected as part of the setting up and maintenance of the Eye Safe account, including Your user name, email address, telephone number, age and the name, address of Your employer and/or Your next of kin, Your taxi licence plate and Your taxi/private hire licence number dependent upon the type of account you are using.
- Correspondence Data: Data collected from the interactions You have with Eye Safe customer service representatives and from any correspondence You have with Eye Safe in general and may include the content of the correspondence and the metadata linked to the exchange.
- Enquiry Data: Data submitted to Eye Safe during an enquiry about their Services.
- Eye Safe Account: An account that has been opened with Eye Safe by You which allows You to use the Eye Safe Services.
- Eye Safe App: Any of the mobile application modules through which You can access the Eye Safe Platform.
- Eye Safe Platform: Any part of the Eye Safe App ecosystem provided by Eye Safe to deliver the Service. This includes the set of smart phone and tablet computer applications, the kiosks and the web-based applications.
- Eye Safe website: www.eyesafe.london and any other websites which may be added in the future.
- Hackney Carriage Driver: Any private hire driver who is licensed as a Hackney Carriage and who through use of the Eye Safe Platform can access, accept and complete a Taxi Service which has been requested by a Rider.
- Notification Data: Data You provide when You accept notifications to be sent to You by email, smartphone pop-up notification, text message and newsletters.
- Partner Driver: Any private hire driver who is registered with a PHV Operator or Hackney Carriage Driver and who through use of the Eye Safe Platform can access, accept and complete a ride which has been requested by a Rider.
- PHV Operator: Any licensed taxi operator, through whom a Partner Driver provides their services and who is authorised to utilise Eye Safe’s Platform as a PHV Operator to access to its Services including its the pool of Riders.
- Profile Data: Data collected when You create an Eye Safe Account, including Your name, address, bank details, telephone number, email address, Your profile picture, gender, date of birth and employer details.
- Rider: Any individual or any business / organisation who creates an account to access and use Taxi Services provided through the Eye Safe Platform.
- Services: The provision of taxi aggregation, taxi E-hailing and taxi booking services via the Eye Safe Platform for the purpose of permitting Riders, Partner Drivers and PHV Operators to connect for the purposes of obtaining and providing Taxi Services.
- Taxi Service: The provision of a particular ride by either a Partner Driver or PHV Operator to a Rider.
- Taxi Services: The provision of transportation services by either a Partner Driver or PHV Operator to a Rider.
- Transaction Data: Data collected from bookings of Partner Drivers and / or PHV Operators, including Your name and identification details, payment details and the details of the transaction.
- Usage Data: Data collected by Your use of the Eye Safe Platform and Services and may include Your IP (Internet Protocol) address, the model of the smartphone You are using to connect to the Services, the operating system Your devices are running on, the web browser used to access the Eye Safe web page, the way You navigate through the Eye Safe Platforms, the frequency and length of Your use of the Eye Safe App and Services, the length of the rides taken, the number of rides during a certain period, the most frequent places You ride to and from, and the ratings given to and by Riders, Partner Drivers and PHV Operators.
- User: Any individual or any business / organisation who creates an account and uses the Services via the Eye Safe Platform.
Section 3 – How we use Users personal data
- In this section We describe:
- The general categories of personal data that Eye Safe process when You create an Eye Safe Account.
- The source of some specific data categories that Eye Safe may not have been obtained directly from You but that are necessary for the effective delivery of the Services;
- The purposes and reasons for the processing of Your personal data;
- The legal basis for processing Your personal data; and
- The period of time for which Eye Safe may hold Your personal data under regular conditions.
- Eye Safe may process the Usage Data regarding the way You use the Eye Safe App, Eye Safe Platform, Services and website. Eye Safe obtain this data through the Eye Safe Platform analytics tools.
- Eye Safe may process the Account Data You provide when first creating Your account. Eye Safe obtain this data through Your accounts, Your family account, and/or Your employer depending on the type of Eye Safe Account You may be utilising. This data is processed to operate the Eye Safe Platform, provide You with Eye Safe’s Platform and Services, maintaining the security on the Eye Safe Platform, the systems and Eye Safe’s customers prior, during and after the Service takes place, maintaining back-ups of the Eye Safe databases and communicating with You in an appropriate manner.
- Eye Safe may process the Profile Data provided to them when You complete Your account profile. This data is needed to approve Your ability to use Your Eye Safe Account and to further review and ensure the proper use of the Services by all the parties involved. Eye Safe may process the Enquiry Data found in any enquiry submitted to Eye Safe about their Services.
- Eye Safe may process Transaction Data regarding the transactions linked to the Taxi Services provided by Partner Drivers and PHV Operators. This data may be processed to ensure the proper delivery of the contracted services and to maintain accurate records of those transactions.
- Eye Safe may process the Notification Data You provide when You accept notifications to be sent to You by email, smartphone pop-up notification, text message and newsletters. This data may be processed to tailor the notifications that You receive when using the Services. You will be asked for permission for the notifications to be sent to them. You will be asked about how You prefer the notifications to be sent to You and You will be able to discharge yourself from receiving notifications any time by going to the privacy settings in Your Eye Safe Account.
- Eye Safe may process Correspondence Data from the interactions You have with Eye Safe customer service representatives and from any correspondence You have with Eye Safe in general. This data may include the content of the correspondence and the metadata linked to the exchange. Eye Safe will obtain this metadata from contact forms and the customer service/customer management software. Eye Safe may process this data to be able to communicate with You effectively and for record keeping.
- All of the above, namely Usage Data, Profile Data, Transaction Data, Notification Data, Correspondence Data, are processed under the legal basis of it being required to perform a contract between You and Eye Safe for the provision of the Services. This data may be processed under the legal basis of our legitimate interests, namely the proper administration of the Eye Safe website, business and the safety of the Service.
- Eye Safe may process any of the personal data categories stated in this policy when needed to:-
- Establish, exercise and defend a set of legal claims whether in court proceedings or in out of court conciliations.
- To acquire insurance coverage and risk management.
- Receive professional advice aimed at protecting Eye Safe’s interests.
- Comply with statutory obligations.
Section 4 – Providing your data to others
- Eye Safe may share Riders and Partner Drivers’ personal data with each other and PHV Operators to perform the Services and Taxi Services.
- Eye Safe may share Your personal data with members of any of Eye Safe’s subsidiaries to allow You to use their services wherever the Eye Safe platforms operate. Information about the different companies that make up the Eye Safe group and the countries in which Eye Safe operates can be found at london/about.
- Eye Safe may share Your personal data with insurers and/or professional advisors where it is necessary for insurance protection, risk management, and the establishment, processing and resolution of legal claims.
- Eye Safe may share parts of Your Eye Safe Account, profile and service data with other Users to provide them with User locations and estimated time of arrival to a specific destination at their request and with their specific consent to do so.
- The data regarding the financial transactions made through the Eye Safe Website, Eye Safe Platform and when using our Services, may be shared with Eye Safe’s payment service provider, Stripe Inc. and with the issuer of the credit/debit card used. This data will only be shared with them when it is necessary for the processing of payments, the dealing of complaints and inquiries about the payments and handling/processing/issuing refunds where and when appropriate. For further information on the privacy policies of our providers refer to https://stripe.com/gb/privacy.
- Eye Safe may share Your personal data when You have a need to do so to be compliant with statutory and legal obligations. Eye Safe may also disclose Your personal data when it is necessary as regards dealing appropriately with legal claims which may, from time to time, arise.
- Eye Safe may hold Your personal data for as long as You have an Eye Safe Account and thereafter where deemed necessary to comply with legal obligations.
- Eye Safe may share Your personal data with members of the emergency services when You activate the Eye Safe Platform’s panic button. This may include sharing Your personal details, service provider details and location details. These details will be provided to protect Your interests.
Section 5 – International and Cross-Border Data Transfers
- Eye Safe may be required to provide access to Your data to certain third parties who provide Eye Safe with services that support the running and maintenance of the Services. Some of those third parties include:-
- Amazon Web Services who provide Eye Safe with their servers.
- Google and Google Maps who Eye Safe use for their Application Programming Interface (API) to access their maps and position Users globally.
- Google, Google Ads and Google Analytics who Eye Safe use for their services for cookies, website traffic analytics and search engine positioning.
- Up2Date Software who provide Eye Safe with software development and maintenance.
- Zoho Corporation who provide Eye Safe with Customer Relationship Management, Customer Support Management, Social Media Management and Business Analytics Management Software.
- Cookies are small text files (data files) that the Eye Safe website or the services provided by other companies put on Your computers. The information helps Eye Safe to improve Your experience when using the Eye Safe Website. Many of Eye Safe’s cookies are deleted when You close the Eye Safe Website browser. None of Eye Safe’s cookies contain any of Your personal information.
- If You choose to decline cookies, Eye Safe will not provide technical support to You if You then encounter issues with using of the Eye Safe website.
- Cookies set by the Eye Safe Website are called “first party cookies”. Cookies set by parties other than Eye Safe are called “third party cookies”. First party cookies enable third party features or functionality to be provided on or through the website (e.g. like advertising, interactive content and analytics). The parties that set these third-party cookies can recognize Your computer both when it visits the website in question and when it visits certain other websites.
- Cookies might be used for the following purposes:-
- To enable certain functions.
- To provide analytics.
- To store your preferences.
30 seconds to one year
|Targeting users and sessions
|First party and
End of session
|Targeting users and sessions
|session||Functional Cookies set by a wordpress plugin to let you use the tabs|
After you click on Accept (at the pop up message regarding cookies), the browser remembers that you clicked on it so the message doesn’t pop up again.
|ci_session||First party, persistent and session||session||Functional|
- Session Cookies: Eye Safe use a number of session cookies to provide functionality including, but not limited to, remembering who You are when You log to the website, to identify You when You move from one Eye Safe system to another, to greet You by name on screen when You log in, to optimize the effectiveness of the Eye Safe web servers. Eye Safe consider these cookies to be strictly necessary for the secure and efficient operation of the website and all of its pages/posts and to make Your experience of using them easier and quicker. If these cookies are blocked or disabled, then much of the functionality of the Eye Safe systems will be broken.
52. Persistent Cookies: Eye Safe use a number of persistent cookies to provide functionality including, but not limited to, returning You back to the point where You were logged in, to show Your content You had looked at on a previous visit to make it easier to find it again, to make sure You are only invited to complete a web survey occasionally and that You don’t see alerts or messages repeatedly during a single web visit. If these cookies are blocked or disabled then the Eye Safe systems will still be usable, but Your experience will be severely degraded.
53. Google Services Cookies: This cookie is used on a small number of pages on the Eye Safe website to track the effectiveness of Google Ads (AdWords), Google Analytics and Google Console.
54. Social network Cookies: Some pages on the Eye Safe website contain social network ‘share’ or ‘like’ buttons. The social network may set a cookie (or cookies) on their PC when they click on one of these buttons. In order to implement these buttons, Eye Safe use the code which is hosted by the relevant social network. If You are a member of some of these networks, Eye Safe may use this code to track that You have visited the Eye Safe website. The Eye Safe website does not control these cookies or the underlying code. You should check the privacy statement of the relevant social network before clicking them and / or to find out how they track their members’ behavior using these elements and how to opt out of this functionality.
- Monitoring and review of the policy: Eye Safe will annually review the working of this policy.
Section 7 – Your rights as a data subject
- Under the General Data Protection Regulation (EU 2016/679), You have the following rights regarding their personal data being processed by Eye Safe:
- Description, explanation and copies of Your data: You have the right to request Eye Safe to provide an explanation and description of the information Eye Safe has from You and the way Eye Safe are using that information.
- Correction of data: You have the right to request the correction of any data Eye Safe may hold which You believe to be inaccurate.
- Deletion: You have the right to request the data Eye Safe hold on You and of Your account. Nonetheless, Eye Safe may retain part of Your data on their servers after closure of Your account to comply with legal obligations.
- File a complaint: You, as a data subject, have the right to file a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office regarding Your data, but Eye Safe would appreciate if Users contact them directly in order to resolve disputes internally.
- To exercise the rights above, please contact Eye Safe through firstname.lastname@example.org or through certified mail to our registered office: Eyesafe Ltd, Finchley Mews, Finchley Road, Grays Essex, RM17 6RG.
Section 8 – Contact information
- The data controller for Users is Eye Safe Ltd housed at Finchley Mews, Finchley Road, Grays Essex, RM17 6RG.
- You can contact Eye Safe at email@example.com or by post or mail at Finchley Mews, Finchley Road, Grays Essex, RM17 6R for any enquiry You have in relation to Your privacy preferences and if You require us to resolve any issues or disputes You may have with Your data.